SOGS Wellness: Discover and Develop your Talents
Oct 1, 2019 01:30 PM
to 03:00 PM
Registration Deadline: Sep 27, 2019 01:00 PM
Discover and Develop your Talents in Graduate school!
Have you ever been asked, "What are your strengths?" Throughout graduate school and during the job search process the capacity to understand your strengths, to articulate your talents, and to recognize your approach to work and relationships can set you apart from the crowd.
Discovering and developing your strengths as a graduate student begins with a 30-40 minute Gallup Strengths inventory which will ask you about your preferences and tendencies in a variety of situations. Next, you are provided with your Top 5 Themes of Talent – five qualities that explain what makes you unique.
You will then engage in a 90 min self-reflective and interactive workshop, which enables great discussions and group connection about how to leverage the power of your strengths and talents to inspire personal growth and help contribute to a strong academic community. Students will leave with actionable steps towards achieving their academic and professional goals.
In this 90 min workshop participants will:
- Learn the philosophy behind Gallup Strengths
- Identify and appreciate their talents
- Learn how to align their talents to do their personal and graduate work exceptionally well
Select Registration Type
Discover and develop your talents in graduate school!
1. Complete registration using your UWO account (first 15 registrants free!)
2. You will receive a confirmation email
3. Within one day, you will receive an additional email cotaining a Gallup StrengthsFinder code, with instructions on how to take the assessment to discover your Top 5 Talents.
4. Please take this test before Friday, September 27th at 11pm.
5. Bring your Top 5 Strengths to the session on Oct. 1st. at 1:30pm